Friday, September 14, 2012

Page 2 Girls DT Projects - September - Leonie


Hello all, Leonie here to share the layouts I've done for Pages 2 Scrap this month, using the beautiful Plumeria collection from Basic Grey.

This collection is so soft and sweet with shades of lilac, apricot, aqua and mossy green as well as neutrals. I found it really versatile; I have done some girly layouts as well as two of my son, so it's not too pretty for a boyish layout. The co-ordinating buttons that came in my kit are gorgeous, I think I used all of them and plan to buy some more from Pages 2 Scrap!

First up is quite a simple layout of my little pup Nyx. She is a 6 month old Aussie Bulldog and is so goofy. I have been inspired by all the layouts I've seen lately using hexagons, and wanted to use the honeycomb-like Moonstone paper to add some hexagonal elements to this otherwise simple page. I've added some depth by using a piece of bubblewrap as a stamp - dab on a bit of white ink and off you go!


I've used the floral cardstock stickers from my kit to frame the photo, and used some Thickers in addition to the Plumeria letters for the title.

My next layout uses the 'Grandma Jane' paper; this is a really soft and subtle polka-dot print that could be used for so many styles of layouts. I added a few messy strokes of purple paint to it first.

I was going for a washed-out Instagram kind of effect with this photo of Tyler with a kangaroo, and found the 'Velvet Loom' paper worked well as a shabby distressed kind of base. I ripped it into strips and used my trusty Versacolour Bark ink that I use on everything to give it an aged effect, then added some of the cute cardstock stickers and some washi tape. Pages 2 Scrap has a great range of tapes!


That little acrylic leaf in the corner is a bit of an old Christmas decoration, and again I've used some of those beautiful sparkly buttons.

Next up - I like this layout because it looks so neat, and usually I have serious trouble being neat! The 'Dusk' paper has a lovely candy stripe pattern which made me think of celebrations, and I wanted to use the lovely bright layered trim piece from my kit - the orange buttons and the wavy papers underneath all come as one 12 inch long layered piece, making it so quick and easy to build up your layout. Great for time-poor scrappers!


I've made a string of flags from co-ordinating ribbons and the two little flags near the photo are just made from toothpicks and washi tape. The big cardstock sticker behind the photo made a perfect frame, and I just love the little stamp shaped stickers in the Plumeria collection as well.

Ok, next one!

This page is quite busy, there is a lot going on, but think it still works. Here I've used a photo of my purple Converse sneakers I have had for over ten years and still wear pretty much every weekend. I have certainly got up to some interesting things in these shoes and they are still holding up even though I've been meaning to buy a new pair for ages! I thought using my shoes might be a nice starting point to inspire some journalling as I am often prone to writer's block!


I've used a piece of kraft card and trimmed it to a folder shape, and used one of the buttons from my kit and some string to make an old-style file closure.


Inside there is a bunch of photos of me in my shoes over the years, stapled to different notepapers, each with a bit of journalling.

I've used the reverse of the 'Grandma Jane' paper laid over a sheet of Crate Paper 'Wildberries' as the base and used a lot of the cardstock stickers from my kit, how cool are those huge roses! I've added some Kaisercraft rub-ons, some pink glimmermist and another of the fabulous layered trim pieces - this one had pleated netting in it, so I added a little more pink netting underneath the 'folder' to tie in with it. 

And... here's my last one! I wanted to put together a layout about Holly and her many hospital visits. For this I used the reverse of the Plumeria 'Dusk' paper and a piece of the 'Velvet Loom' paper to anchor the photo.


More cardstock stickers, buttons, her hospital bracelet and some elastoplast bandaids make up most of the embellishment. I've also punched some 1 inch circles and journalled some (certainly not all!) of her mishaps! I've used the last one of those layered trims here too, cut in half this time, and some more hexagonal elements cut from the 'Moonstone' paper. Look at that black eye - and hardly any tears when it happened - she's a tough cookie alright!

Well this was an awesome collection to work with, and I'm looking forward to sharing next month's projects with you soon! Of course these layouts all look much better in real life so why not pop in to Pages 2 Scrap and take a look at the inspiration wall, and pick up some new supplies whilst you're there!

Stay crafty everyone,

Leonie
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment