Friday, September 21, 2012

Page 2 Girls DT Project September - Karyn


I think I am finally getting the hang of this blogging thing................albeit a little slow, but I am getting there!

So our September kit was some awesome product from Basic Grey. I was lucky enough to get the Kiminno range! It was fantastic to work with. Tracey was very generous with the kit again this month and I managed to make 6 pages!

In order to showcase the amazing papers in this range, I decided to tackle these papers in a monochromatic display. It was so much fun matching the papers and photos together to stick with the monochromatic theme.

The first layout, titled "She Sells SeaShells" was simply put together with white embellishments. The paper used was heavily patterned and the white embellishments made the pictures POP.



The second layout, titled "Well hello there" was inspired by the colours in the paper. The orange and blue were colours that I pulled on to build this page. The paper is quite masculine in its colouring however, I think I made it quite feminine with the use of flowers and sparkle!




The third layout, titled "Hang Ten" was opposite to the masculine brown paper and was quite dainty and feminine. I tried to keep the serene feel of the ocean within the layout by keeping things very simple and understated.




The fourth layout, titled "Lets Celebrate" was quite fun to put together. The method that I used to make the border was to simply cut the paper border and turn the patterned paper around and affix it at the back.



The fifth layout, titled "Congratulations" was an interesting mix of colours but they seemed to work quite well together.



The sixth and final layout, titled "Cute Cute Cute" was done in my favourite size 8.5x11. It was the last one I did and it took me such a long time to get it to work. With the strength of the patterns it is sometimes more difficult to get the pages to look right.



I hope you have all had a great end to winter and if like me, you are looking forward to spring and the wonderful colours and smells it brings. Have a fantastic month.




No comments:

Post a Comment