Friday, September 28, 2012

Page 2 Girls DT Projects - September - Sam

Hi Everyone ......

This month I got to play with the gorgeous range  "WHAT'S UP "from Basic Grey.

This range is such a bright and fun range with lots of little embellishments to compliment the papers. The range features hot air balloons , banners and funky little flags .

The canvas I created this month features the paper "first flight"from the range as well as the layered sticker pack , felt cloud and flag pack.




I started with a watered down acyclic paint background and built up a sky effect by brushing across the canvas. the brush marks seemed to work well in creating the illusion of sky.




I then added white with a tiniest bit of grey acrylic to paint clouds . Once dry I then added sparkly fluff to the base of the clouds to create a 3D effect and then sealed the whole canvas in Studio matte medium.





Next I cut the houses and hills from the First flight paper and built them up with a paper tole technique to add dimension . It took 4 sheets of the first flight paper to achieve this look.




I then cut the balloons from the first flight paper and stuck then to the canvas using the studio multi medium and used 3d Zots to again add dimension to the bigger clouds. I then attached the felt clouds over the edges of the acrylic clouds i painted earlier.

After drilling holes in some clear acrylic tiles I placed my selected pictures underneath and attached the acrylic over the top using brads.




I completed the canvas by adding a Tim Holtz pulley to each side to hang the 2 largest felt clouds off.





I had so much fun creating this canvas . it was such a privilege to get to play with such a wonderful range. I can't wait till next month !!! Thank you for stopping by !!!


Until next month ....Take Care !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment