Friday, November 23, 2012

Page 2 Girls DT Projects - November - Leonie


Hello all, Leonie here with this month's DT inspiration using the beautiful BasicGrey Aspen Frost collection.

This collection is festive but subtle, and really versatile for lots of different styles of layouts. I really like the 'Tin Solider' vintage style ornament paper and the wax seals, but my new fave is the velvet rub-ons. I LOVED using these, I think they are my new favourite product! I liked them so much that I even used the negative flocked bits that you would normally throw away. They take a bit more rubbing than regular rub-ons but the texture they add to your layouts is fantastic.


For my first layout I used a Heidi Swapp mask and copper GlimmerMist on some plain red cardstock to give it a bit of sparkle, then added some blooms and embellishments from my kit and a few simple flowers from my stash. I love these colours together - aqua and red - they work so well for any layout, not just for Christmas.


This 'Cherried Noses' paper is one of those that you have to buy two of because both sides are so pretty, but for this doggy layout I've gone with the music side and roughed it up with a bit of stamping. You can see the flocked red sheet behind the photos - this is the leftover negative part after I used all the rub-ons. The flourish is from Words or Whatever with the addition of some copper embossing powder. And there's a bit of red Kaiser bling in there too.


Do you have a 'nice shelf' at Christmas? A special place you put all your breakable things up away from the kids? I thought this would make a good topic to journal about, and kept this layout simple with the flocked rub-ons taking centre stage. I wouldn't have picked grass green and aqua as colours that would work together but the different tones of red really bring them together and makes this collection Christmassy without being too in-your-face.


This 'Covered Lashes' paper was really sweet to work with too, there was some lovely white Christmas flowers and Aspen Frost cardstock stickers in my kit which I've used under and around the photo, the lightbulb is from Prima and I made the blue netting flower using Glubers glue circles. The wax seals from the collection are really sweet too! These would be a lovely addition to your extra special Christmas cards.


Last up, I've been planning to alter this clipboard for a while now, it's a little A5 size one which I've decoupaged with vintage paper and embellished with Aspen Frost embellies and alphas, and that gorgeous red stitched ribbon from Pages 2 Scrap.

It's really putting me in a festive mood doing all these great Christmas projects. Are you making handmade gifts or cards this year? What a great excuse to pop in to Pages 2 Scrap and do some SHOPPING!

Stay crafty!
Leonie
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment