Friday, November 16, 2012

Page 2 Girls - DT project - November - Sam

Hi Everyone !

November is such a wonderful time of the year ....Sunny , bright and all the lovely flowers are blooming .

This months papers where bright and colourful as well . The range I worked with this month was the Basic Grey range "Soleil".

This range is really fun and funky with hues of pink , mandarin and purple . It would suit a beach layout , girl layout or even holiday photos.

This month I chose to create a canvas to showcase a very special photo of my sister and myself. It was taken on holidays on the coast so I thought this range with it's bight colours would frame it beautifully.



I started with a 12x12 canvas and weaved Washi tape in one corner . This technique is a little tricky but with some Patience the end result adds interest and Texture.



I picked the brightest and most interesting parts of the papers, tore them and adhered them with Multi Medium in matte.

With a sponge brush I applied some Jo Sonia opal dust paint to give it some bling.

Rubbing some Inka Gold in silver on the edge of the canvas gives it definition.

To finish of the brackground I gave the whole canvas a coat of multi medium to seal and protect it.


Hessian adds texture as a matte for my photo as well as an old shabby chic photo frame that i recycled and finally a piece of book text completes rustic look.

I used 450 Glue to adhere the frame as it is fast drying and creates a strong bond.



I absolutely love the tubes of flowers from Prima and was so happy to finally be doing a layout bright enough to to mix and layer them.

 I also added loops of Hessian thread and ribbon, rubbed a little inka gold in silver on the edges of the flowers to tie them in to piece and added Kaiser Sparklettes to the center of each flower.



The bunting was made out of mini tags edged in inka gold and washi tape.

I used the letters from the collection to add my saying and pinned the bunting to some string using Tim Holtz Mini Safety pins.

Some heart shaped brads anchor the string to the canvas......

and there you have it ! A bright and colourful summer canvas to showcase your wonderful memories !



Hope this has inspired you to have a go at creating your own canvas!

thank you for stopping by !!!



No comments:

Post a Comment