Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Page 2 Girls DT Project- May - Kate

Welcome to May everyone!
I hope the start of the month was a good one for you, nearly half way through the year, I can't believe it!
As the weather is turning cooler here as we are in Autumn, I was pleasantly warmed up being surrounded by such a lovely kit to work with this month with the pretty spring type colours! 

I have had a few friends and family have babies this time of year, and I myself, have two beautiful daughters (not being Biased at all!) but my layouts steered clear of baby photos or congratulation cards. The We R Memory Keepers – Baby Mine collection is just perfect for the above projects or you might take inspiration from my following examples. 


I love Max Brenner! And thought that the Baby Mine Frame insert was a perfect title for this photo of my babka I had to eat at Max Brenner's. The Doily was perfect as a base on top of my base, and is kind of a representation of food presentation since doily's are quite common in the hospitality industry. I matted my photo on white paper to give it a 'polaroid' view. This is really easy to do as you matt your photo and leave a larger edge at the bottom. The cardstock base looks as though it has orange paint however it is a candy pink and yellow with a bit of white. The green tissue paper adds a great contrast to the colours. I used the Darkroom Door Filmstrip throughout my May projects, by individually cutting the words up. 


Materials:
Darkroom Door Filmstrips – Hello Baby (Pink)
Green Tara paper flowers.
We R Memory Keepers – Baby Mine Frame
We R Memory Keepers – Baby Mine patterned paper – Sugar and Spice
We R Memory Keepers – Textured Cardstock – Light Pink
Kaiser Rhinestones ( Champagne)    
Pink Paislee Printed Daily Junque Tissue
Paper Doily
Kaiser Texture Stamps
ink
kikki k pen
Kaiser paint
Glimmer mist

and a close up.. 




 When I seen the colours in this kit, I knew I had to scrap this photo that was sitting in my stash. 
The Daily Junque Felt Flower is really highly set, and comes on a clip so would be perfect to actually wear as an accessory to an outfit, not just limited to crafting purposes. I trimmed about 5mm off the top of my flower, this will help with storage later on down the track when I am putting it in a sleeve and into my album. It has a similar feel base-wise to the layout above. However with this layout I tried to place my embellishments on a diagonal so your eye follows down the page. I like using my Kaiser Rhinestones to make flourishes leading on from my flowers. I enjoy using my stamps on paper flowers for something unique as well.

Materials:
Darkroom Door Filmstrips – Hello Baby (Pink)
Green Tara paper flowers.
Pink Paislee Daily Junque Felt Flowers
Bloomers trim
Prima Flowers 
We R Memory Keepers – Baby Mine Frame
We R Memory Keepers – Baby Mine patterned paper – Sugar and Spice
We R Memory Keepers – Textured Cardstock –Pink
Kaiser Rhinestones ( Champagne)    
Pink Paislee Printed Daily Junque Tissue
American Crafts Thickers
Paper Doily
Kaiser Texture Stamps
ink
Kaiser paint
Glimmer mist 





I got these rectangular chipboard offcuts in my kit this month and I really wanted to create a mini album!
I did lots of paint, paper, stamping layers on the chipboard then cut patterned paper to size, punched a hole in the corner and added my ring to bind it. I included a couple of photos of my girls in it, and then went through the online dictionary and found definitions for the words on the Darkroom Door Filmstrips I wanted to use to describe my girls. From there I just printed them off using my printer. I stamped my chipboard heart and then inked it. I tied twine on my ring and you know those Lindt chocolate easter bunnies? I saved the bell off mine and added it to the twine for something unique :) I love saving things like that for use later on!!



Materials:
Darkroom Door Filmstrips – Hello Baby (Pink)
Green Tara paper flowers.
We R Memory Keepers – Baby Mine patterned paper – Sugar and Spice
Kaiser Rhinestones ( Champagne)    
Pink Paislee Printed Daily Junque Tissue
Kaiser Texture Stamps
ink
Kaiser paint
Glimmer mist 
Bullfrog clip
Vintage button
chipboard heart
twine
Ring
chipboard offcuts 
heart pin
Bell





Some pages inside..

 




I hope you enjoyed my projects this month, I really enjoyed creating them. Make sure if you are in store @ Pages 2 Scrap that you head over to the DT wall to check out all the inspiration from our team. The girls in store will happily point you in the direction of the supplies to create projects like these ones :)

Love Kate xo

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous creations Kate!!! Love the fresh colours and sweet designs :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate, I love your work. I especially like the Max Brenner l/o :) Teresa

    ReplyDelete