Sunday, April 24, 2011

Kim's Room


Hi guys. I just wanted to share with you all a small piece of my world at home - my scrapbooking place. My family and I live in a large double storey home, but I have found that this isn't even anywhere near big enough to cater for my two teenaged daughters' needs. As a consequence, my long suffering husband has taken refuge in the garage while the cars live on the street. What does this have to do with my scrapbooking? Well, I have now taken up residence in what used to be the formal lounge/dining room. I am currently battling it out with the kids over which of the bedrooms upstairs I can officially take over, but until that happens I happily make do with my corner. Anyone would think that Simon and I have 6 kids, right? We have 2.

Most of my time is spent between two desks. One has the computer, printer and Silhouette machine on it and the other desk is where I do my scrapbooking and papercrafting. Next to this desk is a large cupboard full of shelves - which I just couldn't live without. I keep all my big supplies in here, including most of my stamps, flowers, mini albums, projects I'm yet to get to and 12x12 papers and cardstock.

On my desk there is a smaller set of shelves against the wall where I keep the things I use all the time. Stuff like Glimmer Mists, Glaze and Glam, Modpodge and Gesso, Darkroom Door stamps, background stamps, watercolour crayons, stamp pads, buttons and metals. On the side I keep my sewing machine, heat tool and vagabond. There are always paint brushes and markers, an exacto knife, paper trimmer and other bits which I like to be able to grab in an instant.

A corner is workable. It's not always the tidiest of places in the house but I somehow manage anyway.

Kim Price

1 comment:

  1. Wow love your corner Kim. Looks beautiful. I am working on getting mine up for you to all see too.

    ReplyDelete