Sunday, May 26, 2013

Page 2 Girls DT Projects - May - Leonie Waldron

Kaisercraft's new Remember Me collection is a lovely vintage style collection full of poppies, ANZAC day sentiments and muted tones perfect for all your old family armed forces photos and ANZAC day memories.

I received this sweet DT kit from Pages 2 Scrap and it stumped me for a little while as I didn't think I'd have any relevant photos to scrap! However, I did find a few of my father-in-law's Navy days and an old family portrait, and was able to use the prettier elements of the kit for some completely different layouts.


Love all the bits and pieces in this collection; as usual with Kaisercraft collectables there is a whole mountain of die cut shapes and embellies to play with. I've used a WoW clock covered in embossing powders as a focal point.


This next page is probably more suited to this collection; I fussy cut some poppies from one of the papers and added some stickers here and there, and some vintage lace and tickets.


My next page uses a cute banner sticker and some of those big die cut poppies; love them!



I've got some journalling tucked in behind the photo.



I really like all the poppies on this next page! I've kept it semi modern with some black and white washi tape and Thickers.



And... last one! I've used some kraft cardstock as a base and added some magenta and peach inks to give it some interest... again, love those big flowers!


The Remember Me collection is most definately vintage, but hopefully I've provided some inspiration for using some of the elements in a modern way too, it suits both styles!


Head on in to Pages 2 Scrap for some great bargains and all the new Kaisercraft collections.

And did I mention I'm going to spend a full day at Pages 2 Scrap with the awesome Dina Wakely doing an art journalling class? How cool is that?! Stay tuned, I'm sure I'll come home bursting with ideas and inspiration!  :)

Stay crafty!
Leonie xo

No comments:

Post a Comment