Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Page 2 Girls DT Projects - July - Karyn

So here it is, my FIRST ever DT project! I am very excited to be able to share these layouts with you. I would also like to thank Tracey & Sarah from Pages 2 Scrap for giving me the opportunity to work with them and the other Page 2 girls for the next 6 months.


My first layout is a simple 8.5 x 11 page of my hubby Michael. I really liked the way the Echo Park Papers - For The Records Collection supplied to us in our DT kit were so very versatile. As I mentioned in my bio, I have a passion for vintage/shabby style layouts but also play with clean lines. In this layout, I kept things very clean (for me anyway!). I did manage to get a little bit of black ink on the edges!! I used all the papers supplied in the kit (as listed below) as they are doublesided and co-ordinate beautifully. We were also given the Alpa Stickers which I used for the title.




For my second layout I once again used all the papers in the range! I also used the little cutoff strip at the bottom of the paper. I decided to distress each piece of paper that I randomly cut into varying lengths and widths and then just layered them - no real rhyme or reason in it! In this layout I decided to give the edges of the Tomato Cardstock a bit of a shabby edge by wiping it with bleach. Yes, thats right, just ordinary household bleach. The gorgeous Donna Downey stamp was also given the bleach treatment and to my amazement, the cardstock changed colour a few times and once completely dry it stayed the colour it is now. I was thrilled with my Jenni Bowlin Bingo Card as it worked perfectly with my photo of my daughter Rhyallie and her BFF Kayla.



Lastly with my third layout I got dirty and so did the paper!! I was going for a masculine look to compliment the picture of my son Nic's first tattoo. To give depth to the ink splotts, I actually used the Brillance re-inker and a heat tool. The ink bubbled and made the paper buckle which added depth to the page. Again I used the Alpha Stickers, and changed one of the stickers to suit my title. I stuck the word "the" over the top of the sticker "with love" to make the title "You are happy with the tough sticker". Another little trick I learned if only by accident......when you heat the ink on the page, you can actually make the ribbons crinkle and curl by hitting them with a bit of heat from the gun! Be careful though not to burn them!



Thanks for looking and I hope that you have a great month..........until August.


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful as always Karyn :)
    I'm going to have to try that trick with the bleach!
    Leonie
    xo

    ReplyDelete