Monday, April 30, 2012

Page 2 Girls DT Project - April - Fiona


Hi everyone.  This month we are creating with Little Yellow Bicycle ‘Paradise’ papers, and we are all featuring chipboard by WOW.


I chose WOW625 ‘Candles’.  I thought it would be fun to make a little set of gift cards – I had in mind that these would be lovely to give a new mum as a gift – now that she begins to be involved in lots of little birthday parties, she would have a go-to set of handmade cards to give that are age specific (with the candles representing the age).

I actually drew up a ‘plan’ to keep my pieces tidy (as I worked on all 5 cards at once).  The size was determined by the envelopes I found – they are just under 4” square.  You can see I laid my pieces over my plan to keep them neat while I was working on them.


I rounded my corners, and used my sewing machine to zig-zag over the edges of the paper pieces.  The chipboard was painted and sprayed with Tattered Angels glimmer mist, thought I’m not sure you can see it in the pictures.






The box is a simple box with a separate lid – instructions to make these are fairly accessible on the internet – but ensure your base (before you add on the amount of depth you want) is big enough to fit your cards and envelopes.  Also, when you make your lid, make it about 1/8” larger than your base measurement, so it fits neatly over the bottom of the box.  If you want to edge punch your lid (I used a Martha Steward edge punch) – make sure you do this before you attach your sides.  Here is a sample template – score/fold on the dotted lines, cut on the solid lines.


I added some beautiful ribbon and a beautiful little Resin Blossom by Kaiser.


Thanks for visiting!

Fiona


2 comments: