Monday, March 12, 2012

Page 2 Girls DT Project- March- Kate







Hoppy March!

And because it is a month before Easter it is the perfect opportunity to grab this lovely collection from We R Memory Keepers- Cotton Tail and team it up with some pretty coordinating embellishments to create some lovely Easter Off (Beyond) The Page pieces or layouts to compliment the season. 

I loved the soft pastels in this collection, it reminds me of all those pretty dyed eggs you see around this time of year, which is a big tradition for some families. Funnily enough, my projects I am showing you today don't have an Easter theme, so I will demonstrate to you that they can be used for non-Easter crafts. 






There's No Bunny Like You


  • I have had this Kaisercraft Beyond the Page Arrow album for awhile. You could use any shape of MDF type board to make this. Pages 2 Scrap sells a range of Beyond the Page products and even strong chipboard could be used in lieu. I used ONE page from this package.





  • I raided my Kaisercraft paint and found a number of tubes to coordinate with the colours in the WRMK collection- Cotton Tail which I was using. I used my finger to spread different layers of paint over my board.






  • Using the Pink Paislee Daily Junque Printed sheets, I tore bits off it and glued them at various positions on the board.

  • I cut a sentiment from the Glitter Paper WRMK- Cotton Tail Sentiments sheet, I traced around the edge with white paint using my finger and then foam taped it for dimension to the centre of my board. At this stage, I used the rest of the white paint and my finger, once again to trace around the edges of the MDF.


  • When I was in Pages 2 Scrap for a shop, I browsed through the clearance baskets and came across a bargain with the Kaiser Secret Bird Society Chipboard. I knew it would match perfectly with these WRMK colours! So I also painted around the edges of each piece with white paint and my trusty finger again!! And adhered using foam tape to either side of the sentiment.

  • A perfect time to add in a WRMK Cotton Tail Embossed Sticker- Butterfly. I also used some Glitzin Glamour (Purple) on my finger and added some sparkle to my board. Optional: you could also do some stamping on your board like I did with my Kaiser Background Stamps.

  • And there you have it! Add some little extras like more WRMK Cotton Tail Embossed Stickers, Kaiser Paper Blooms, and some green Bloomers trim! All available at Pages 2 Scrap! Easy!

Materials

Kaiser Beyond the Page Arrow Album (1 piece from pack)
WRMK Cotton Tail Sentiments
WRMK Cotton Tail Embossed Stickers
Kaiser Paint
Kaiser paper blooms
Pink Paislee Daily Junque Printed Sheets
Glitzin Glamour Purple
Bloomers Trim
Kaiser Background Stamps

Layouts

I took the opportunity to do two layouts using the WRMK Cotton Tail range as well. 

Cute as a Bunny
- Use sentiments off the papers as titles on your layouts instead of alphas.
- Cut your own leaves from green papers.
- The WRMK embossed stickers leave a lovely embossed image on the backing paper of the sticker, use this as a flower as well!!

Materials

WRMK Die Cut Cotton Tail- Sweet Spot Patterned paper
paper doilys
Pink Paislee Daily Junque Printed Sheets
WRMK Cotton Tail Patterned Papers
WRMK Cotton Tail Embossed Stickers
Kaiser Secret Bird Society Chipboard
Kaiser Paper Blooms
Glitzin Glamour Purple
WRMK Cotton Tail- Glitter Brads
Kaiser Paint
WRMK Cotton Tail- Sentiments



Explore Bunnings

- Trace around flowers in your own stash, onto patterned paper and cut them out to make coordinating flowers for your projects. 
- Make masks by using paper doilys.
- Doodle little flowers on your page and put a brad through the centre. 

Materials

Bazzil Walnut Cardstock
Kaiser paint
Glimmer mist
Kaiser Secret Bird Society Chipboard
Bloomers Trim
Button
Staples
May Arts Burlap String Natural
WRMK Cotton Tail Embossed Stickers
AC Thicker Letter Stickers
WRMK Cotton Tail Glitter Brads
Pink Paislee Daily Junque Printed Sheets
WRMK Cotton Tail Patterned Papers






Thanks for stopping by! If you like anything I have used on my projects, pop into Pages 2 Scrap, the girls will point you in the direction of everything you need to create your own gorgeous pastel inspired projects.

Love Kate xo


1 comment:

  1. How cool is your album!!! and your two layouts are beautiful. You are so clever to use every single piece of your kit every month.

    ReplyDelete