Friday, February 17, 2012

Pages 2 Girls DT Project- February- Kate


Hi everyone!
It's Kate here and it's February already, I can't believe it. 
In keeping with the theme of the month of LOVE, I have created two layouts to hopefully inspire you to celebrate the ones you ADORE in life.

I was really excited to receive this kit to play with. Such a contrast to the fun masculine retro kit from January, I couldn't wait to get stuck into this kit of reds, pinks, and pretty turquoise.


LOVE BIRDS


This is a double 12x12 layout I have put together. My best Canadian friend in the world had these romantic engagement photos done and I thought they were a perfect reflection of love.
First off I used some Kaiser paint on the cardstock base. I found the white paint really broke up the red and added a bit of texture and contrast. Gesso would be great for this as well. 
I used strips of paper and Collections tissue paper at the bottom of the base and then lined and overlapped the photos across the page. I added clusters to each end, cut a Martha Stewart Doily in half and attached to the top and ties a ribbon bow for the bottom. Cutting individual Blommers trim pieces to add to the clusters makes that trim go even further!

- Kaiser paint
- Bazzill cardstock- Pomegranate Splash
- My Minds Eye Love Me Patterned Papers
- Heartwarming Valentine Love Stickers
- Blommers Trim Berry
- Kaiser blooms resin
- Martha Doily
- Kaiser back ground stamp
- Kaiser rhinestones
- Prima paper flowers
- Seam binding
- Collections tissue paper
- Vintaj
- Glimmer mist




LOVE WISH DREAM

This single 12x12 layout was created with the inspiration from the photo of my 21 year old niece at the beach.The colours were just a perfect match, and I really wanted to make a fun, young feminine type page. Doodling is perfect for adding that extra 'fun' to a layout, as it reflects carefree!! 

Using my trimmer I was able to add a bit of interest to the base of my layout by cutting a frame and then a smaller square from the remaining paper. In between them both, i used a paintbrush dipped in glimmermist to add a 'watery' type impression on the page (since she is at the beach and all). And the giant ribbon rose is simple enough to make by layering it around and around - adhered with a hot glue gun and a gorgeous Kaiser resin flower in the centre.


- Bazzill cardstock- white
- glimmermist
- Blommers trim berry
- Love wish dream stamp
- martha doily
- Kaiser bloom resin
- my minds eye love me patterned papers
- Heartwarming Valentine Love stickers
- Prima paper flowers
- Kaiser rhinestones
- Satin ribbon
- gold brad
- Kaiser paint



I hope my layouts have inspired you this month, be sure to check out all the Design Team's projects in store on the Design Team wall display. But in the meantime, leave me a comment here so I know you have dropped by. 

Love Kate xo

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful as usual Kate. Love the 2 page spread the colors go together nicely.

    ~Kristen

    ReplyDelete