Saturday, February 25, 2012

Page 2 Girls DT Project - February - Jane Clark

Hi everyone, Jane here and this time I have some lovie dovie cards to share with you. I was tickled pink when I received my delightful Design Team kit for February, filled with yummy My Minds Eye Love Me papers, Crafty Secrets heartwarming Vintage Cuts, love love love these!! Well anything vintage really!! In the kit was also one of my favourite brand of stamps to use with my Copics - the La La Land Stamps, this cute little girl is called 'Sweetheart Marci', adorable isn't she?!



Okay for this card I stamped 'Sweetheart Marci' on blender card and coloured her with the following Copic markers - Dress: B00, B02, B04 Hair: E42, E44, E47 Hearts: R22, R17 Skin: E50, E51. The paper doily is a Martha Stewart brand, I coloured the edges with Copic R17 and the white seam binding! I love how you can use these markers to make your embellishments match in colour!! I applied Glossy Accents to the hearts and hair clips.


I love the colours of this range of My Minds Eye papers and I thought I would keep to that colour scheme, so I coloured Sweetheart Marci just a little with watercolour pencils then stamp the dress on one of the papers, cut it out and glue it over the image. I stamped the heart section of the Marci twice on cream card, cut them out and joined them together to make a concertina heart piece, added bows of cream string on each end! The banners at the top was cut from one of the papers and once again I added bows of string. The Frame was cut using a Sizzix die and black ink was applied around the inner edges.

I fell in love with this bling embellishment as soon as I saw it!! Oh my goodness I NEED to buy some the next time I'm in the shop, they're gorgeous!!! Okay...moving onto the card LOL. I create this one using one of the Martha Stewart doilies, a banner cut from one of the papers, a sentiment cut from the Vintage Cuts (did I say I love these too!! he he) , a bow of seam binding and the beautiful papers!

With so many wonderful images on the Vintage Cuts sheet it's really hard to choose which one to use!! I have no excuse to give a card for Valentines day now! I think I could even give a wonderful friend any one of these card, don't you think? I created a little collage of embellishments under the image using a red bloomer, trimmed banner, postage image (from Vintage Cuts), white seam binding and a tiny white flower.

Well I hope I have got you in the mood of love and wanting to create some cards for the special people in your life, why not create a card for your Mum, sister, daughter?

Thanks again for looking, happy Valentine xx

1 comment: