Friday, October 12, 2012

Page 2 Girls DT Project October - Sam

Welcome Back Everyone !!!

WOW it's time to start thinking about Christmas already . It seems to have snuck up on me again lol

This months little gem that arrived to get my creative mojo happening was in the form of the new Kaiser range "Turtle Dove". This vintage Christmas collection is so lovely. It features stamps, rub - ons , collectibles and stickers.

A beautiful paper range need something a little special so after being inspired in the last year reading about "Inchies" I decided to have a go at doing my own board.

An Inchie Board is a board composed of 1 inch x 1inch squares. As i am a little bit wild in my embellishing I choose to work in 1.5 inch x 1.5 inch squares.

So without further ado here is the end result .....





My board is composed of 12 photo squares , 8 embellished squares,  12 rectangles ( 3 inches x 1.5 inches) and 5 larger 3inch x 3 inch squares.






I have used braiding , ribbon, Tim Holtz metal charms, chipboard and lots of other trinkets to embellish my squares.




I used rub - ons for the sediments and some word stickers from my stash.





Remember to think outside the box when creating your own board. A treasured charm or old baby name pin is perfect for a board to showcase your family and It's little treasures.







I finished my board off with a Twiddleybitz 12x12 frame that i painted in an espresso colour and embossed with a wood grain stamp and Tim Holtz Distress Embossing powder. Prima flowers and artificial moss complete the frame.




I Hope I have inspired you to have a go at creating your very own Inchie Board.

thank you for stopping by .

Sam Killoran

No comments:

Post a Comment