Friday, August 31, 2012

Page 2 Girls DT Projects - August - Sam

Hi Everyone and Happy August !!!

Winter will soon be behind us and Fathers Day just around the corner.

This month Features the Beautiful " Weekend Market " range from Bo Bunny. this range is fantastic for Fathers Day cards, layouts and "Off The Page" projects.

This month i have created a mixed media canvas to showcase this stunning range.



Here's how it was created.....

I started with a plain deep edge canvas, Tore up sheets of the range as well as book paper and atlas pages. Next i used STUDIO Multi Medium ( matte ) to adhere the torn pieces to create a collage background effect. Allow to dry .




Next I took an acyclic paint Dabber in Denim and "distressed" the edges of the canvas. I love using these dabbers as there is no mess and no bush required. After the paint had dried , I used Darkroom Door stamps to stamp randomly around the canvas ( I used cobalt, black and sepia stamp pads ).
To add texture to the canvas , I have added micro beads in chocolate and attached then with Glossy Accents.Sweeping some Inka Gold over the micro bead enhances the texture and a little around the edge gives the canvas a rich boarder.




Next I pulled out my metal stash of charms and bits and pieces and added them to one corner. I used a globe that had been cut in half to add interest. Tim Holtz metal embellishments are featured in my canvas as well as Bo Bunny and Vintaj Charms . There are no rules when creating a canvas and I defiantly love to embellish them to my hearts content :)



I used old wooden Scrabble tiles to add the title but chipboard works a treat to . Remember you can order custom made chipboard titles and embellishments from Pages 2 Scrap to add that personal touch to your canvas.



Finally using brown card stock I matted my photo and used Foam Tape to pop it off the canvas.

I hope I have inspired you to create your own canvas to showcase your Family Memories.

Thank you for stopping by :)


No comments:

Post a Comment